Adjust & Lube Checkist
The Short Answer:
- Brakes are tightened, straightened, and checked for over use.
- Derailleurs are adjusted for proper shifting and smooth operation.
- Lube is applied to chain, cables, and derailleurs.
- Bike is test ridden for unusual noises and final safety check.
The Long Answer:
- Wheels are checked for straightness and safe operation, hubs are checked for smooth operation, and tires are checked for proper mount and wear.
- Headset is checked for tightness and smooth operation, handlebars adjusted to proper angle and height, shifters and brake levers are lubed.
- Brakes are adjusted, tightened, and checked for proper wear.
- Derailleurs are cleaned, lubed, and adjusted for smooth operation.
- Cables are checked for proper routing and fraying, then lubed.
- Bottom bracket is checked for stability and smooth operation.
- Bike is test ridden for unusual noises and final safety/performance check.